Sunday, 23 August 2026 MUMBAI EDITION LIVE

Delhi Police Debunks Reservation Protest Video

Delhi Police dismisses video of protest at Jantar Mantar as false. No permission granted.

Mumbai Alert · Politics Desk
Mumbai Alert · Politics Desk
Politics Desk · Mumbai Alert News · Sun, 23 August 2026 at 05:18 pm
Delhi Police Debunks Reservation Protest Video

The Delhi Police has dismissed a video circulating on social media that claimed to show a large gathering protesting over reservation reforms at Jantar Mantar on August 23.

The police stated that no permission had been granted for any such protest at Jantar Mantar on Sunday.

In a post on X, the DCP New Delhi said the video was false and misleading. The police further clarified that no protest related to the issue was taking place at the venue.

Prohibitory orders under Section 163 of the Bharatiya Nagarik Suraksha Sanhita (BNSS) were already in force across the New Delhi district. These orders prohibit protest marches, processions, demonstrations, and assemblies involving five or more people.

The Delhi Police urged citizens not to amplify, forward, or share unverified information circulating on social media. The police also warned that legal action could be initiated against people found creating or disseminating fake news.

The clarification came amid the circulation of the video claiming that a large gathering had assembled at Jantar Mantar in connection with demands related to reservation reforms. However, the police said the claim was not based on the situation at the venue on August 23.

The Delhi Police's swift action in debunking the false video highlights the importance of verifying information before sharing it on social media. This incident also underscores the need for citizens to be cautious when consuming information online.

In recent times, there have been several instances of fake news and misinformation spreading quickly on social media. The Delhi Police's warning serves as a reminder to citizens to be vigilant and not to spread unverified information.

The police's clarification also highlights the measures in place to maintain law and order in the city. The prohibitory orders under Section 163 of the BNSS are a testament to the police's efforts to prevent any potential disruptions to public peace.

In conclusion, the Delhi Police's debunking of the false video is a significant step in maintaining public trust and preventing the spread of misinformation. It is essential for citizens to be aware of the potential consequences of spreading fake news and to verify information before sharing it on social media.

The incident also serves as a reminder of the importance of responsible social media usage. As social media continues to play a significant role in our lives, it is crucial to be mindful of the information we consume and share online.

The Delhi Police's actions in this incident demonstrate their commitment to maintaining law and order in the city and to preventing the spread of misinformation. It is essential for citizens to cooperate with the police and to verify information before sharing it on social media.

Ultimately, the incident highlights the need for citizens to be cautious and responsible when using social media. By verifying information before sharing it, citizens can play a crucial role in preventing the spread of misinformation and maintaining public trust.

Frequently asked questions

What did the Delhi Police say about the video of the protest at Jantar Mantar?

The Delhi Police said the video was false and misleading.

Are there any prohibitory orders in force in the New Delhi district?

Yes, prohibitory orders under Section 163 of the BNSS are in force, prohibiting protest marches and assemblies involving five or more people.

delhi policejantar mantarreservation reformsfake newssocial media
X Facebook Telegram
Read the original report ↗

More in Politics

Politics

Sena MLAs Seek More Time For Auto Drivers To Learn Marathi

Maharashtra govt pushes Marathi, Sena MLAs intervene. Auto, taxi drivers get temporary reprieve.

By Mumbai Alert · Politics Desk · 32 min ago

Politics

Yogi Predicts SP Wipeout in Next UP Polls

CM Yogi criticizes Akhilesh, predicts SP defeat. UP polls to see significant change.

By Mumbai Alert · Politics Desk · 45 min ago

Politics

Sanjay Raut Targets Fadnavis Over Gen Z Outreach

Sanjay Raut criticizes BJP's youth outreach. He mocks Devendra Fadnavis' methods.

By Mumbai Alert · Politics Desk · 1 hr ago

Politics

BJP Sharpens Poll Strategy for 7 States

BJP focuses on grassroots outreach and youth connect. Poll strategy for 7 states underway.

By Mumbai Alert · Politics Desk · 1 hr ago